Saturday, March 13, 2010

Do you feel when you ovulate

Do you feel when you ovulate? I always wondered about that, especially women who have had trouble trying to conceive.

I am ovulating today. How do I know this for a fact? I feel a dull pain in my lower right abdomen that started a few hours ago and hasn't let up. This happens almost every month and it always follows a day or so after my cervical mucus is at its most fertile. But every month I come up not pregnant after having sexual intercourse during this time. I know why, but that doesn't make me feel any better about it.

Hopefully we will have enough money before my next period in order to do another in vitro cycle. Yay tax refund! If not I'm not sure what is going to happen. My potential last little one (currently a frozen embryo) can only stay at the fertility clinic another month or so before it has to be transferred or discarded.

I don't know if you have looked in to this yourself but it is very costly to transfer a frozen embryo to another facility for storage. The company I was referred to will cost about $800 for the equipment rental and the actual transfer and they want a &700 security deposit. You will get the deposit after their equipment is returned in the same condition, and even then it will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks to get your money back from the company.

So hopefully things will work out. I will keep you posted. Oh yeah, do you feel when you ovulate? I would love to know how many women out there do.

No comments: