Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Frozen Emryo Transfer Delay

I now have a frozen embryo transfer delay, unfortunately. I was not 100% sure that I was ready to give it another try a few months ago, so I put of my in vitro fertilization procedure. Then at the start of this menstrual period I decided it was now or never, because I only have my medical insurance for a couple of months before having to start pay $800 a month for COBRA. Thank you economy.

Well, I went for my blood work and sonogram on Day 2 as planned. But that afternoon the nurse called to inform me that the lab is closed the last two weeks in August every year. She apologized for the inconvenience and said she would have let me know if I had talked to her about changing the date. So, I guess that was my fault. Now if I do decide to attempt to put back my only frozen embryo next period I am going to have to come up with at least $800 because the actual transfer probably won't take place until October. Thanks to my pcos I almost never have a 28 day cycle and I'm not on birth control. Aaargh!

No comments: